Thursday 14 April 2016

Depot Visit: BorderBus

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 104 (BB62BUS)
Today was a wet day, so my aim was to photograph some of the fleet double/single deckers that BorderBus operate. Borderbus is a local independent company that is situated on the Moor Business Park in Beccles. The latest additional to the fleet is an Alexander Dennis Enviro200 109 which recently has had leather seats fitted to it. In addition to this they operate seven (201-207) Volvo B7TL Plaxton Presidents on school contracts for Sir John Leman High School.



The yard of BorderBus at Moor Business Park
Interior of the Alexander Dennis Enviro 108 (BB11BUS) similar to Alexander Dennis Enviro 109 (BB60BUS)
I contacted BorderBus to see if they would allow me to view their depot, I travelled to Beecles on a BorderBus Alexander Dennis Enviro200 104. It is the first time I have been around this bus depot, so I was feeling excited. I turned the conner and saw six of their double deckers present and also the Alexander Dennis Enviro200 105 was parked up next to them. I found reception where I was greeted with MD Andrew Pursey, who notably was also MD at AngliaBus before it was taken over by Go-Ahead. He introduced me to his team and I was handed over to one of the mechanics, that gave me the heads up that the Alexander Enviro200 101 was coming back from the garage across the road. 

Alexander Dennis Enviro200 105 (BB07BUS)
Alexander Dennis Enviro200 101 (BB14BUS)
This is their newsiest double decker Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 207 which was acquired last year. More recently this vechile is the first to be fitted with an removable ramp which is kept on board should any children/ young person/adult needed to use if their are in a wheelchair. They also had to re-jig the seats downstairs to accommodate this, which has reduced the capacity from 33 to 31. All the rest of the Volvo B7TL Plaxton Presidents are going to have the same treatment by January 2017. 

Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 207 (LK51XGH)
A big thanks to the team at BoardBus for allowing me on their premises and being very welcoming. On the way home to Norwich I was luckily enough to board their only Alexander Enviro300 106. More photographs can be found at the Facebook Page. 

Alexander Dennis Enviro300 105 (KX54NKH)

No comments:

Post a Comment