Tuesday 5 April 2016

Depot Visit: Lynx

Optare Tempo X1200, 6, (YJ55 BJV)
I planned to go Kings Lynn on Monday, as I haven't has the time to go there as I currently live in the Ipswich area. Also I wanted to take some pictures of the new bus station and Stagecoach Norfolk's latest arrivals and repaints, and I have never seen a Lynx bus.

I emailed Lynx on Sunday evening to see if I would be welcome at the depot to take some photographs. On Monday morning I got an friendly respond saying they'd be more than happy for me to have an look around after 14.30. I didn't think that bus compaines are so enthusiast/friendly, so I  looked forward to the visit. 

After walking to Hellesdon Hospital I caught the X29/X8 to Kings Bus Station and then the 46 into March. After a short walk to the depot, which is shared by a haulage firm I meet an office worker, he showed me around his part of the yard. There were four buses present outside in the yard one of these was VanHool C53F this was being cleaned as it has been on school contracts last term and also used on rail replacement work. Another bus which was present was the Optare Tempo X1200, 2 which was previously served with First and then Arriva for the Carediagion Council contract. It was impeccably smart inside, with blue and orange seats it has been looked after for the last 5 years. 

Optare Tempo X1200, 2, (YJ55 BJE)

Optare Tempo X1200, 2, (YJ55 BJE)
The Volvo B10M Plaxton Premiere 30 was present, although it wears Lynx's distinctive red livery it lacked fleetnames on the side due to prevent complaints to the company as the vehicle is used as a training vehicle. This vehicle was new to First Eastern Counties and used to operate on the X94, which is today's X1.The last bus in the yard was an Leyland Tiger/Plaxton Paramount 3200 which is Fowler's , I was informed that Lynx have been doing some school contracts for them last term and the coach is due to go back to Fowler's depot in the next week. 
VanHool C53F, (N175 LHU), Optare Tempo X1200 2, (YJ55 BJE), Volvo B10M Plaxton Premiere 30 (P330 RVG) & Leyland Tiger/Plaxton Paramount 3200 (G601 XMD)
As I was going to leave, I noticed in the garage was the ex Konectbus Leyland National 152. The MD of Lynx Julian was the former MD of Konectbus buses in Dereham. At the moment the Leyland National 152 is an bit worse for wear but it is being stripped and assessed. 

Leyland National (UFX 852S)
I was informed at the end most of the vehicles were on the road operating Lynx's 35 and 36 service between King's Lynn and Hunstanton. Thank you for everybody showing be around the Lynx's depot more photographs will be upload soon. 

Optare Tempo X1200, 4, (YJ55 BKK)

Optare Tempo X1200, 4, (YJ55 BKK)

1 comment:

  1. Good to see the Tempo's settled in better there than they did here in Cheltenham :-)

    ReplyDelete